Orchids, moss and doodles!

So as always I have been nose to bench making jewellery for stock and getting ready for my group exhibition next week. I find the busy times are most productive for new pieces of jewellery....that sounds funny. Of course its productive, I’m making.....but what i mean is that when I’m in the thick of deadlines I find that instead of stepping away from my bench for a break i tend to just focus on my scrap box, test pieces or half-done pieces for a short bit of fun as some would turn to the page pen in hand and doodle. Just let the mind explore. Sometimes this leads to new exiting conclusions in the form of finished pieces.

These orchid pendants are my latest doodle.
Orchid pendants: work in progress
Silver, 24ct gold

Orchid pendants: work in progress
Silver, 24ct gold
Then…..

Taking a tea break out side in the garden, and letting my mind doodle some more I decide to take my camera and do a few pre-shots of my new pendants ( to impatient to finish them completely, so excuse  the finish as they are not……finished).  I could not help taking a photo of Mitchel in the garden and I’m glad I did.

Mitchel in the garden


This moss covered rock in the morning light makes a fantastic backdrop for the pendants when they are finished.

But here is a sneak peak of what it could look like.

Orchid pendant: work in progress
Test photo
Silver, 24ct gold
I hope to have these finished for the next YDM Market, Little Stanley st, South bank: 05/08/2012



Comments