Spring ring

Spring has sprung and I'm in full swing.

I'm making stock for my markets, new jewellery for exhibitions and playing around with a few ideas. I jump at my time at the bench or even my time with my sketch book and i think that's because i have a clear idea of what little time i get. I also have a clearer understanding of how long it takes me to make up a piece, what i need and what I'm capable of and that has only come with experience and reflection. Mitchel has taught me to slow down and take each day as it comes and I'm grateful for that. It allows me to make today and enjoy the experience of doing so, whilst still keeping an eye on deadlines and quantities of jewellery pieces needed to make up stock for the busy seasons ahead. What a huge light bulb moment for me.

I’ve also taken a fresh look at old work using that to spring board me into a different direction or expand on a past idea. I always get to crossroads in my work where i could make a piece up at least 5 different ways that would seem very different but need to choose only one. From my study days i have always made a point of noting those moments down in a sketch, photograph or note in my visual journal. Now i get to revisit some of those ideas with fresh insight and i can't wait to show you my finished pieces.










Just as spring bring new shoots of growth so i feel that growth from within.

Happy spring day!

Note: Perhaps i should put together an exhibition proposal for branching ideas and the jewellery process......or at least mine any way? hmmmm!

Comments